In January 2012 PovNet (http://povnet.org) conducted an online survey to inform the development of a private online Community of Practice (CoP) called PLEI Connect.Our survey's goal was to collect information, feedback, ideas and examples from organizations across Canada engaged in using technology to further their public legal education and information (PLEI) goals, and to involve future members in the planning and development process. Our responses served to identify:
- initial community content and key topics of interest;
- methods of participation/engagement most likely to succeed; and
- skill sets, projects and resources available within the community.
Our survey was designed to build on the insights that were distilled from the Just a Click Away (JACA) conference and final report. If you haven’t yet had a chance to read this report, please take a moment to review the ideas and recommendations compiled on the Just a Click Away website. http://www.justaclickaway.ca This report aims to:
- provide an overview of the responses, ideas and feedback we received;
- share a brief analysis of the trends we identified;and
- offer a transparent view into our process of planning an online community of practice.
It contains information about how we planned our survey, and a summary of our key findings. In the appendix, you'll also find charts and summaries of all data that isn't personally identifiable.